September 22, 2011 by Danielle
A few weeks ago, Kathryn from Flopoodle tagged me to share seven random facts about myself, which was actually more difficult that I thought it’d be-I didn’t want to scare all of you off…..so here goes!
1) I walked on to lightweight rowing my freshman year of college, and it’s probably one of the best decisions I made in college. Even though I played sports throughout middle and high school, rowing was the biggest sports commitment I’ve ever made. Aside from teaching me how to be tough, rowing introduced me to a group of great friends and really taught me the meaning of teamwork. Being a winner wasn’t to shabby either 🙂
2) I HATE the taste of celery. I know some people say it doesn’t have a taste, but to me it is the grossest tasting food in the world. I’d rather eat marmite or whole milk…which brings me to fact number three…
3) I LOVE whipped cream and I love rainbow sprinkles even more BUT I’m lactose intolerant. It’s a very sad yet true fact. Sometimes I go against my better judgement and have cheese or ice cream…but it doesn’t end well….for anyone. Luckily I can still eat as many rainbow sprinkles as I want.
4) I love NPR and I listed to it while I do long runs. My favorite shows are “Wait, Wait Don’t Tell Me”, “This American Life” and “Talk of the Nation”. Theres just something so soothing about listening to Ira Glass while I put in miles.
5) Fourth of July is my favorite holiday (aside from Christmas…duh). I love warm weather and FIREWORKS!
Plus my best friend Kristen and I try to celebrate together (more or less) every year. This is us in 2003. Excuse my eyebrows.
6) I’m the oldest of three!
7) I love animals. I used to foster puppies through Hopalong Animal Rescue and even adopted one of my foster dogs. All of the others were adopted!
So now I’m going to pass it on to a few more bloggers! It’s time for you to share 7 random facts about yourself!
(I know you two have been tagged…but I’m doing it again 🙂 )