December 11, 2012 by Danielle
As you might know, I started doing Daily Burn over the summer and quickly became obsessed…so obsessed that I soon burned myself out on all of the videos (pun intended) and was waiting for new videos with bated breath. Last week, the moment finally arrived.
DailyBurn finally revealed DB15, a new series of seven 15 minute workout videos that were made to fit into anyone’s schedule.
Being the DailyBurn ambassadors that we are (well our status as ambassadors is by no means official, but we might be their #1 fans), my friend Maddie and I decided to do the DB15 Challenge. At this point, you might be asking yourself “Well what is this, DB15 Challenge?”. Don’t fret-we made this short (really hyper) video to explain it-
Shockingly, Maddie is still friends with me.
Moving on. Here’s the series of workouts, in the order that we did them.
- Inferno-Anja Garcia kicked off our DB15 challenge and did not disappoint. I had done this workout earlier in the week and was just as sweaty as the first time around. If you try it, ready yourself for the “surprise” ending. Two thumbs up.
- MMA-Lisa (who has abs of steel and has had kids) leads a fun mixed martial arts series that would be great for getting out post work aggression.
- Tabata-This was a 20 seconds on 10 seconds off for six rounds Tabata workout. Trainer Judi Brown (or Judi Booty as she sometimes refers to herself in other videos) made us sweat some more. Oh yeah, she’s also had kids.
- Core-DB trainer Nicola lead us through an abs workout that also got our heart rates up. Yep, you guessed it, she’s had kids too!
- Let’s Move-This was a fun workout lead by DB trainer and dancer Keira Lashae. It also proved that I have zero rhythm or coordination.
- Breakin’-This is a break dancing sequence lead by DB trainer Alikona Bradford. After doing this, I understand why break dancers are so jacked. Harder than it looks my friends.
- Yoga-This is a quick yoga workout lead by by yogi Briohny Smyth-seriously if you haven’t seen her in action, check her out in this Equinox video. Amazing.
After an hour and a half of doing the Daily Burn, our condition could be summed up like this-
If you have a packed schedule, I think DB15 is a great option for getting your sweat on. Doing a few of the workouts back to back is also a great way to keep workouts fun and challenging.
Oh and while I was writing this up last night, Daily Burn released their new “Inferno” series, which looks like a whole new world of pain….stay tuned!
For more information, check out this post.
All opinions expressed are my own and I was not compensated for this post!